El Torreon KC Events
Imagine hosting your special day in the backdrop of a 1927 art deco building where some of the greatest jazz and rock and roll singers have performed - a place that has brought people of different ages and backgrounds together for nearly one hundred years. Now that's history!
With every El Torreon event - whether a wedding, graduation, bar mitzvah, business seminar, or an arts and entertainment event - we provide a stunning backdrop that will meet a wide variety of needs. This includes our stunning facility, comforting amenities and services, photographers, sound equipment and all of the details to make your day the most memorable possible.
Simply put, we keep the main thing in the spotlight and invite you into the nostalgic history of El Torreon.
After all, your day is all about... well... YOU!
After it's opening gala is 1927, the El Torreon ballroom was a centerpiece in the big band and jazz history of Kansas City, hosting music icons such as Frank Sinatra, Alice Cooper, B.B. King and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. It was the first KCMO venue to allow racial integration, both among the bands who played and the dancers who attended the parties of the 1930s. This venue was home to Kansas City's most popular roller rink in the 1960s and in the 1970s was the affectionately known as the Cowtown Ballroom. This historic building has now re-opened to host a variety of special events.
Let your history become a part of this historic building's history.
Excellence is found in the details
Rooms, Services, & Amenities
Spaces Available to Rent
- Lower Ballroom (286 guests)
- Concert Room / Board Room (110 guests)
- Bride's Dressing Room (with private restroom)
- Groom's Lounge
- Prep Kitchen
- Board room business meetings
- ALL DAY RENTAL! Our packages don't just give you a little window for your event. Instead, we give full day rental - every time. This allows you to take your day slowly, set up at a relaxing pace, and rest a bit in order to be refreshed as the event starts.
- For your sense of safety, our venue is monitored by 10 high definition cameras and a state of the art security system.
- You will have access to the city parking lot with additional over-flow parking, FREE WIFI throughout the building, and an on-site staff person for the duration of your event. Event packages include complimentary staff personnel to serve you for your entire event!
- Click here for our FAQ page
Wedding Packages and Discounts
We are committed to making your special day memorable, stress-free, and affordable. We offer multiple event packages that suit a wide variety of needs. We don't claim to do it all for you, but we provide clear options that allow you to breath just a little easier. Unlike other venues, where you merely get a room, we affordably provide the venue, helpful staff members, a sound system and technician, in-house photography and make-up, and clean-up after the reception.
Of course, you can always select rooms and services via our "a la carte" pricing, but our wedding packages are a game changer for newlyweds, which allow you to focus on what matters - each other.
We offer several discounted packages and our prices are guaranteed to rival anything else you will find in Midtown. We have packages that will fit nearly every budget type and need.
We would love to see how our staff can serve you for your special event. Schedule a visit at the El Torreon and take the first step in memorializing your special day!